Your car needs to be properly taken care of in order to have a longer life and give you the best driving experience. But, there are few things and tricks to clean your car in an efficient way. So, we are sharing the best car cleaning tips to you.
For Cleaning Exterior
- To clean a car the first thing to do is to park it in a shady place so as to prevent direct sunlight falling on it and thus avoiding the premature drying of the detergents that will later leave the spots on car body.
- Make sure that every window and door is closed.
- Now assemble the cleaning materials such as soap, water bucket, towels nearby and arrange it in terms of usage.
- Pour the soap into the bucket and dissolve until it gets bubbly. Make sure the soap is specially made for car washing as other detergents will wash off the wax of the car.
- Before applying soap, first rinse off the car to remove any dirt.
- Now take a soft cloth and rinse it with soapy water and start to wipe the car starting from top to the bottom.
- Before going for another round of car washing, rinse your washcloth to take the dirt off.
- For DIYers, while washing tires one can also use non-acid products as acid-based cleaners can cause alloy wheels to oxidize.
- Don’t go for a whole body wash. Rather clean one section at a time and then finally go for a whole car rinse.
- Don’t forget to clean the wheels with soapy waters and finally rinsing it.
- For a final touch apply the wax by hand. Apply tyre shine also.
For Cleaning Interior
- For inside cleaning use vacuum for cleaning floor carpets, seats and narrow cracks.
- For glass cleaning use non-ammonia glass cleaner and a dry soft cloth.
- For cleaning dashboard, steering wheel use damp cloth.
- For getting rid of stains in dashboard, use a shampoo on the toothbrush and brush off the stains by doing in a circular motion.
- Now polish the car seats.
- While cleaning the AC vents, vacuum the dust as you brush it off so that it doesn’t settle somewhere in the car.
- Get rid of all the trash that has been in the car.
- For car’s dirty floors use stain remover and then put them in washing machine to clean it off.
Don’t Do While Washing a Car
- Avoid using household cleaning agents like detergents or hand wash soap as they may strip off the protective wax.
- Don’t wash the car just after a drive or even while it is in parking for a long time in an open area facing direct sunlight.
- Don’t let the car air dry.
- Don’t use too much water pressure as it can damage the surface of the car.
Now you are good with cleaning. Happy Driving!